2) Complete the write for big mouth lab into notebook! include a graph of people vs. mouth volume in ml. Finish analysis and conclusion as shown on standard lab rubric handout.
Purpose: You are to figure out who has the biggest mouth in class.
Question :Who has the larger oral cavity?
Hypothesis: (You give)
Test: We will fill the mouths of volunteers with water to get an approximate volume of their oral cavity. We will do this multiple times and take an average so that we can compare class data. We will also measure the height of all participants, in meters.
· 2 cups *Note NO LIQUID, CONTAMINATED WITH SALIVA, MAY GO INTO THE GRADUATED CYLINDERS!
· 100 ml Graduated cylinder
· Pen or pencil
· Waste water disposal-1000 ml plastic beaker
· Paper towels
· Pipette (eye dropper)
· Meter stick and metric ruler
· Amphil disinfectant
· Why is nick the new equivalent to god?
Procudeures with Diagrams: (You give)
Data Table:1st period
Ave. volume of oral cavity (in ml)
Height in meters