Analysis and Conclusion:
1. As you used the key to identify the salamanders, did you go from general to more specific characteristics or from specific to more general?
2. What 2 Taxa (groupings) do the parts of the scientific name represent?
3. Was the key you created exactly like other students? Why or why not?
4. If you were using actual wild flowers, what other characteristics could you use in your clasification?
1. Do you think there may be some closely related species of organisms that can not be identified using a key? Explain your answer.
2. Why do you think classification keys always present 2 choices rather than some other number ?
3. What types of problems would scientists have if Carolus Linnaeus had not developed his classification and naming system for organisms, binomial nomenclature?
4. Explain what is meant by the statement "Classification systems are the inventions of humans: diversity is the product of Evolution."