Group Practice: are the following SQ or RQ, if it is a research question re-write it as a scientific question. Everyone should record this practice in their notes.
- How do waves travel faster on calm or windy days?
- What do hawks around campus eat?
- Why do cats have fleas?
- Which grade level at OHS litters most?
- Which cars in the parking lots are most expensive?
- Does the speed of sound change with the weather?
A. Underline the variables (independent & dependent) in each of the scientific questions you wrote earlier.
B. For each question use your prior knowledge and experience to come up with an Hypothesis = expected answer to each question and underline the variables
2. Question: How does the amount of energy that hits the Earth in the form of light rays relate to the angle at which those rays strike (latitude)?
3. Question: Does rainfall influence the distribution of different biomes such deserts, grasslands, and forests? '
4. Question: Does the extinction of a predator species result in a faster rate population growth in the prey species?
5. Question: Is plant cover related to soil erosion?