2) Finish analysis and conclusion for igneousd rock identification lab into notebook
How do Igneous Rocks Differ?
Task: Compare & contrast the different characteristics of igneous rock.
- Using the igneous rock samples provided, carefully observe the following characteristics of each rock:
- Color(s) d. Hardness
- Grain size e. Streak test
- Texture f. Density (?)
- Design a data table in your notebook to record your observations/data.
Analyze & Conclude:
- Classify your rock samples as extrusive or intrusive.
- What characteristics do the extrusive rocks have? How do they differ?
- “ “ intrusive rocks ” “
- Classify your rock samples as felsic, intermediate, mafic or ultramafic.
- What are the names of the samples you examined?
- Include drawings of the rock samples.